Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Around Town (pt.1)


While arranging my blog items, I rediscovered some images I have snapped that I found interesting, or they simply reminded me of someone back home. Some of the images have their own stories, and some speak for themselves.  Here are some of those snaps;

The No. 1

no1
No. 1
This is where Tonya pops in from time to time to grab some smokes or something to drink.  I just like the fact that it is so tiny and not too inviting.  When you stand at the counter and look right, you can see where the family lives that runs the place...basically, it is like looking in their living room.  Odd place, but I like it!




The Tortilla Stand
tortilla lady

Here is a snap taken while walking past one of the tortilla places.  I like this place, especially the guy sitting down.  He always has a neat hairstyle and the way he handles your tortillas is kind of nice...like a real pro, with care and attention to detail.  take note; only stupid foreigners ask for tortillas by amount, real Mexicans ask by weight (yes, and it is metric


masainstreet

The actual tortilla joint is small, so the masa sits on the side of the street.  Every so often a guy comes out with a can of water and sprinkles it on to the awaiting dough so that it stays nice and fresh.


The Pepper Place

In the local market there is this certain guy we like to get our peppers from.  Typical market man, he deals in coldcuts, cheese, cartons of milk and of course, chorizo and peppers.  Try to time your pepper buying when pops is there.  The daughter does a crap job.  She doesn't do good scoops and never gives you enough juice.  So far, this guy is the prince of peppers.

pepperssausage
The peppers.  Kinda gross hanging under chorizo though.


Mobile Salsa

Nothing too outrageous about this, just your typical taco vendor on a bike.  I like the fact that you peddle around with your food and lug your jug of salsa around with you on the streets. AWESOME!

hotsauceonabike
'Got yer hot sauce right here buddy'


Tacos, Weenies & Twinkies

I know taco trucks are no big deal.  However, this was the first time I had seen a 'taco car', moreso a taco Volkswagen.

tacocar
Tacos de guisado...straight outta the passenger seat.


Mexican food is fantastic (as you probably already know).  However, I am still unsure about these food products...

fud
Is Fud food?????


...and what is up with this delicacy?

When I first saw this it took me a minute to realize it was not a typo.




Cars, etc.

Walking the dogs is routine.  Sometimes you pass things and have to do a double take because they just don't make sense.  This is a great example.  I noticed something was odd about this VW.  I bent over and took a closer look.  I immediately thought of Steve Minatra.  This one's for you!

The wonders of zip ties.

Who needs to pay for those expensive, trendy graphic wraps on your car or truck.  A piece of paper and a Sharpie can get you the same effect...won't it?





whu...really?  


Holy Roller

Simply put;  saw this and immediately understood the term 'riding with Jesus'.







...and speaking of the Messiah.



Dogs On Roofs

Dogs on roofs are nothing new...atleast in third world countries.  I had not seen many dogs on roofs in downtown of one of the world's largest cities though.  More to the point, a great Dane and two Dachshunds on the same roof over looking traffic!






and a close up of the two little guys.



...and Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment